Review Level: 100 (Basic)
Winner – Tomtom 120/125
Well’ I guess that saved your time by announcing the winner in advance. Now the Facts and Basics ;
- A map covering all the roads, most detailed, accurate & searchable – Maps are mostly provided by another vendor; ex. Garmin India uses HERE maps. Therefore first 3 are the capabilities of map provider and the last is of the device vendor.
- Lifetime free map updates – This is w.r.t. the agreement that the device vendor makes with map provider. All the devices in this comparison provides free lifetime update map.
- Easy to use & fast – This is fully to do with the device/manufacturer. This needs to be experienced in-person and is the most complicated part to take a decision if not the price.
PRO’s & CON’s of Tomtom:
- PRO – Features are same on all the models no matter the price. Year of manufacture &size of the display makes the price vary.
- PRO – Quick boot and satellite acquisition – helps when re-routed.
PRO’s & CON’s of Garmin:
- PRO – World’s most widely used navigation system.
- PRO – Year of manufacture is 2014.
- CON – Features are limited to price/model.
Ref. This is One of the best GPS comparisons that one could find. Garmin 55LM wasn’t available in India during that review.